Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Marriage Monday Forgiveness keep the light on

Ephesians 4:32 
                    And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.




Its been 13 years since I have been married, and the one thing I have learned is that I can stand my ground and be "right" in my marriage but I will be lonely and the most pitied woman on earth.

Or I can chose to forgive knowing that I have been greatly forgiven .

 There is no sin my spouse commits against me that is greater than my own sin before Almighty God!

The garments of forgiveness is bitterness that manifest itself in hurtful words, a heart that is hard toward the other person. 
It is opposite of life, opposite of light, opposite of love it is poison to the soul.



                                  Don't kill yourself with it

 You may stand your ground in your marriage in being "right" but it will not come without a cost, your children are watching, your neighbors are watching, your friends, your family are all watching.

Be the gospel of grace, while we were yet SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US.  We werent perfect we werent sinless we weren't righteous when Christ chose to love us. WE WERE SINNERS!!!!

 You can forgive if you chose to. The condition of which your heart is in can still chose forgiveness it is an act of the will.




 You can combat unforgiveness with Grace like a light, keep it turned it on, especially during those dark times when your spirit wants to hold a grudge and your wounded heart wants to hold to "My rights" attitude shine the light of grace turn on forgiveness, give your children the example of the gospel in your marriage.






There is no sin in your marriage that cant be forgiven, even as there is no sin that God hasn't forgiven you of.

No comments:

Post a Comment