Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Is Jesus Enough?

Today I am writing about something different than my usual Wednesday topic.

This has been on my heart and I thought I would blog about it. The topic of Jesus being enough for me comes and goes and ponders my mind often.

We live in a world that is so superficial, with Facebook accounts and friends of over 200 + along with twitter accounts that can have over a thousand followers, and lets not forget Churches with an estimated of 5,000 + members along with every ministry you can think of its easy to be "entertained".

But what if we were stripped of all those things. Stripped of the friends, the followers, the entertainment and you stood alone just you, Jesus, your husband and children (even among your husband and children you can still feel a bit lonely) would you be content? When your husband is gone and your children are grown and gone and you are all alone Would Jesus be enough?

I admit that the approval of man sometimes gets the best of me, after all who doesn't want to be popular, liked and befriended by so many?
 
But what if Jesus was your only friend? Would that be enough for you? This has been the question on my mind lately.

What if I never have a single friend in the world, what if I am hated by family and professing Christians, what if I'm avoided by those that claim to love Jesus like the black plague,what if I must do things thing called "life" alone for the rest of my days on this earth, all because of my convictions and because of the one I love and follow and take every word that he says very seriously. So much so that it causes division and lines and boundaries amongst those that claim to love him too?!

Is it enough for me to know that that I am loved, accepted, approved, wanted, and befriend by Jesus? All the while the world may "shun" with its looks, its mockery its scoffing?! 
Is it enough to experience the grace Almighty God everyday and experience his mercy each and every morning?

Is it enough to know that I have a promised and blessed assurance that Jesus is mine and an inheritance that is incorruptible and beyond the reach of change or decay? Is it enough to know that this world is not my home, though for a while I must endure the misplacement and uncomfortableness of not fitting in to the mold of modern Christianity nor fitting into the secular world?

Is it enough to experience the love of a dear a Savior who bled and died for me? All the while living in this wretched body of flesh that does contrary to what I want at times and groans for the appointed time of the coming of the Lord who will set all things right.

Is it enough to bask in grace and joy that comes from Jesus despite living and doing the same thing day after day after day and never be noticed, praised, appreciated or thanked for it?

Walking with Jesus at times feels like an isolated road. I know we are members of one another a body all working together with Jesus as the head. But, sometimes it can feel like your all alone just you and the Lord. 

Is it so bad? I wonder to myself if it really is all that bad?! To relate to the Lord isolated, despised, hated, betrayed, unliked, only liked when someone wants something. Yet, the Lord Jesus did everything for the glory of the Father.

 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment