One way we have tried to save money is by making our own lotion and whipped lotion butter. The possibilities are endless and you can create some amazing scents.
Homemade Do it yourself Body Lotion
You will Need:
- 1/2 cup of oil (olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, or almond oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- Essential Oils, Vanilla Extract or any other natural extracts of your choice, You could even use dried herbs if you want.
- Combine ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. I have a mason jar that I keep just for making lotions
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat.
- Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Stir occasionally
- When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar you will use for storage.
- Use as you would regular lotion. This has a longer shelf life typically about 6 months.
- (You at this point could also whip it in a mixer for a whipped body cream lotion/butter)