Thursday, May 1, 2014
10 ways to show thankfulness on this Thankful Thursday
10 Ways to Show Gratitude to someone
1. Share a specific example of something they did for you and how it made a difference in your life.
2. Do something little but thoughtful for them—like clean up after dinner they made
3. Give a long, tight 20 second hug; or if you know they dont like hugs . stick out your hand for a handshake to cater to their preferences and make them smile.
4. Tell them you’re there if they have anything they want to talk about—and let them know they have all your attention, turn off cell phones .
5. Give them something of yours that you think they would enjoy, and let them know specifically why you want them to have it, or write them a nice letter or card
6. Invite them to do something you know they’ve always wanted to do, or a day out for tea or a ball game
7. Encourage them to try something you know they want to try, but haven’t yet because they’re scared.
8. Offer to do something you know they don’t enjoy doing, like organizing their closet or cleaning their yard for them or babysitting for them
9. Compliment them on a talent, skill, or strength that you admire and really mean it
10. Look them straight in the eyes and say, "I am thankful for you" AND really mean it