- Beeswax (about 3 Tablespoons of the whiter beads, but you can use a white/yellow bar too)
- Cocoa Butter or Coconut Oil (about 2 Tablespoons)
- Sunflower Oil (1/4 cup) you can use jojoba oil or avocado oil
- 8 drops Vitaman E oil (4 vitamin E oil tablets worth)
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 12 drops Peppermint essential oil (or you can use any oil if you dont like mint/rosemary) I sometimes add Tea-Tree oil to mine)
- Pea-sized drop of Lanolin
Get beeswax/lanolin/oil here: https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
Get Essential oils here: http://living-essential-oils.com/?gclid=CMuz5ei_jb4CFewRMwodm14Acw
- Measure out all your ingredients except essential oils into a heat friendly cup or pan. You can use a glass dish in the microwave also.
- Open the Vitamin E tablets and squeezed into the cup.
- Melt all the ingredients, and stir. Give it a minute or two the beeswax takes the longest to melt (Do not move on until its all melted)
- Once it’s all melted add your essential oils and mix it up.
- Test it out, to make sure it has the flavor you want by letting a tiny bit cool on your finger. Rub it on your lips and check if its just right. If you feel it needs more mint or other flavorings, add more!
- Then use a dropper to add the liquid into chapstick tubes or
ALL DONE YAY!!!! YOUR OWN HOMEMADE BURT'S BEES CHAPSTICK
*******The upfront cost of making chap-sticks may cost around $30-$60 (This can be cheaper if you use cheaper essential oils) but you will be able to make chap-stick for many years to come and give them away as gifts. Cost per chap-stick is around .25 (est. high) *****