Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Frugal Friday MY GROCERY BUDGET CHALLENGE




I have decided to take A GROCERY BUDGET FRUGAL CHALLENGE Typically we spend about 1,150 a month on groceries for a family of 7. That is 2 Adults and 5 children.


 We have decided to cut our budget down to $450 a month.

This means for 3 meals a day at 30 days is 90 meals all within my $450 budget.

Since we already make our own milk kefir and yogurt this should help us out some.

In my Pantry now I have about 12lb of Brown Rice, about 5 pounds of Quinoa, 8lb of oatmeal, and 10lb of beans, we also have about 4lb of spelt flour,  this will help us out some. I do have some spices already on hand as this too will help us out.

I will have to budget all our meals on a .71 per person per meal budget!!!! WOW WOW WOW This will be tough but I think I can do it.

My weekly budget is $112.50 a week.

My Stragedy:


1)Grow a garden (we already have planted squash among other things that I hope will produce soon)

2)Search Craigslist for people selling eggs, produce etc. (We found a neighbor near by who is selling us eggs $2 a dozen )

3)Search Fb pages that Barter or grow local produce(I will barter  babysitting for a date night for organic produce and or fresh homemade bread as we have lots of flour I can make bread in exchange for homegrown produce)

4)Go to the growers markets and try and talk down the farmers to give me a good deal if we harvest our-selves

5)Ask produce manager at the grocery stores to mark down produce among other items

6) Consume less meat and increase vegetable intake


7)Shop the double ad days at our local Sprouts

8)Clip and Cut coupons

WISH ME LUCK AS I BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY STAY TUNED I WILL UPDATE MY PROGRESS ONCE A WEEK FOR THE NEXT MONTH.....I WILL INCLUDE MENU'S AS WELL

No comments:

Post a Comment