Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankfulness





Mr. Beloved (my husband) has often said that being thankful works as a shield for your heart, mind, and soul.

Whenever my dear children, Graceful (age 10), Humbled by God (age 8), Adventurous (age 6), and twins Merciful (age 5) and Bold as a Lion (age 5) begin to grumble and complain Mr. Beloved will ask them to name some things things they are thankful for, it always amazes me how quickly that murky attitude turns from sour to sweet in just a matter of seconds. It works for me too.

If there is one thing I want to instill in my children it is to be Thankful. One way I try and do this is to be thankful myself, even for the smallest things. When we arise in the morning and I draw the curtains open to allow the sunshine in, I will say things like, "Wow, I am so Thankful God created the beautiful Sun and telling it to rise every morning, and that it is lighting up our home and warming it. God is so kind to remind us daily that Jesus rose from the grave and provide for our needs."  or when its time to do chores around the house I will smile and say "Im so Thankful we have these dishes to do, God is good to provide running water for us to clean the dishes and make them clean for daddy."

There are no doubt, many things to be thankful for, but the greatest is Jesus and what he has done for us on the cross. I want my children to learn to be thankful for all things in there life, from the smallest blessing to the biggest, knowing the hand that gives it to them is their Father up above. This is just one more way, we are learning in Grace.

What are some ways you teach Thankfulness to your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment